I have moved this blog. I renamed the blog "the Homeschool House" and we have moved to our own domain. To visit us just click the icon below.

November 24, 2008

Our Homemade gifts

Okay, so I am running a little behind with my homemade Christmas gifts. I have been busy making our christmas notebooking pages set and haven't had a lot of time left over. But now that I am finished we will be making something new hopefully every week.

Here is what we have made so far.

Juliet did a color by number picture for her aunt. We bought a frame for it and I used poster board to make matting for the frame. We actually made a copy of the original picture she colored and it turned out great. This way she could give more than one person this gift. It turned out absolutely beautiful! It looks just like a store bought picture. The great thing about the color by number pictures is that they are cheap but they turn out fantastic. The matting is super easy to make and adds a more appealing look to the picture. Juliet was so happy and proud at the way this turned out. It is great for children to take pride in something they make on their own. Juliet will be coloring another one for her nanny soon.

Here is another one I made for my son. He loves football, so I made him a football blanket.

Here is the blanket stretched out so you can see how big it is.


Here it is folded up and you can see the edges.

I use two pieces of material that both were 54 x 68 inches long. This made a bigger blanket that could be used to cover my sons twin bed.


You can go here to see the directions of how to make this blanket.


That's all for now. Next week we will be making more homemade gifts. Don't forget to check back and see what we've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment