I have moved this blog. I renamed the blog "the Homeschool House" and we have moved to our own domain. To visit us just click the icon below.

January 1, 2009

One year bible blog: January 1, 2009

Today I started with the One year Bible blog. Today was my first reading and study. I am reading the designated passages as well as reading the commentary's for each passage at bible.org.

I am so excited about reading the bible through this year. It has been something I have wanted to for years. I usually skip around in my reading and I have never finished reading the old testament in it's entiret
y. I going to be starting my day with my bible reading. I plan on devoting an hour each morning before I do my morning routine and get ready to start our school day. On the weekends I sometimes like to sleep in with my hubby, so I might do an afternoon bible reading on the weekends...I am still pondering on this. I invite you to join in with me and share your daily reading adventures! Each day I will be posting something about what I read. If you are doing the same please come here and leave a comment with a link to your blog post.


January 1, 2009 reading:

Genesis 1:1-2:25 ~ Matthew 1:1-2:12 ~ Psalm 1:1-6 ~ Proverbs 1:1-6



Hi,


I am Michelle

1. Have you read the entire
Bible before?

No. I have read all of the new testament several times, but only about half of the old testament. I am really look forward to finally finishing the old testament!

2. What are you looking forward to abou
t reading the entire Bible in 2009?

I am really looking forward to reading every day with a goal of finishing in a year. I really like the accountability aspect of it. I want to draw closer to the Lord and give him my time in study.

3. What's your favorite book or verse in the Bible?
My favorite books are Galatians and Proverbs; my favorite scripture is Proverbs 3:5

"Trust is the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your understanding; In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall make your path straight."

4. What's a fun or interesting fact about yourself?
I am a homeschool mom of 2, and I love
making homemade gifts for others. I love the Lord and am striving to raise up 2 kids who have a heart for HIM.

5. Do you have a blog or website link that you want to share with everyone?

I have a homeschool website(I sell notebooking pages and unit studies) and 2 blogs:

www.homeschoolnote
booking.com
www.homeschoolnotebooking.blogspot.com
www.michelleshomemakingjournal.blogspot.com

6. Also, what verses or insights stand out to you in today's readings?

I really enjoyed reading the creation acco
unt in Genesis. I learned a lot from reading the commentary at bible.org on Genesis 1 and 2. I am reminded about the purpose of marriage, and how holy and beautiful it is. Reading about when God created Adam and Eve, and how he joined them together made me thank God for my marriage and remember how sacred it is to the Lord.

I also enjoyed reading from Psalms today. I am reminded that every aspect of how I conduct myself is important to God and to the testimony of my faith. I am urged to sur
render up to the Lord all of the things that my not be right in my life, no matter how trivial I think they might be. My purpose in this life is to become more and more like Jesus.

To quote from bible.org's commentary:

"Those who pursue happiness as their
goal in life will not find it, but those who seek holiness will find happiness as a pleasant by-product."

Can't wait for tomorrows r
eading and study!



I love this picture depicting the creation of Genesis from left to right

No comments:

Post a Comment