I have moved this blog. I renamed the blog "the Homeschool House" and we have moved to our own domain. To visit us just click the icon below.

January 8, 2009

One year bible blog: January 8, 2009

Todays bible reading can be found here

Today's scriptures:

Genesis 18:16-19:38 ~ Matthew 6:25-7:14 ~ Psalm 8:1-9 ~ Proverbs 2:6-15



I absolutely loved todays reading in Matthew. We are told that if we will only seek God first, he will take care of all of our needs. If we put our needs first...striving for bigger houses and better material things, if this is where our heart and efforts are focused then we are not living as God wants. He has promised to take care of all that we need (and what we desire or want) if we will only put him first. WOW! What a promise.


In Psalms we read about the stars. The entire earth speaks of God's glory. If we will look in nature we will clearly see just how awesome the Lord of Hosts truly is.


in Proverbs I loved this:

He stores up success for honest people (vs.7)

I am claiming this verse for me and my family for 2009. Praise be to God for all that he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment