I have moved this blog. I renamed the blog "the Homeschool House" and we have moved to our own domain. To visit us just click the icon below.

January 6, 2009

One year bible blog: January 6, 2009

Todays reading can be found here:


Genesis 13:5-15:21 ~ Matthew 5:27-48 ~ Psalm 6:1-10 ~ Proverbs 1:29-33


something that stood out to me today was from the reading in Genesis:


"The Lord accepted Abram because he believed. So his faith made him right with the Lord."


Having faith makes us right with the Lord. Having faith in his written word and believing that all of God's promises will come about in their time. Do a study on how many times the bible talks about having faith. it's a lot!
Hebrews 11:6 says that without faith it is impossible to please God.

In Matthew today I am reminded of the sanctity of marriage. It is a covenant before God and not to be taken lightly. Also, as a woman I am reminded that how I dress and how I behave are very important to the Lord. Women are very much responsible for being modest in
every aspect of our lives.

In Psalms today I think about how many times I have felt like David. How many times have I cried and poured out my heart to God. After crying out to God I always feel better, and sometimes
only then is it truly possible to have faith that what you are in need of will be given. Pouring our hearts out before God is something we should be doing regularly.



I really like this:

Proverbs 1:32

"The Lord really hates sinful people. But he makes honest people his closest friends."



No comments:

Post a Comment