I have moved this blog. I renamed the blog "the Homeschool House" and we have moved to our own domain. To visit us just click the icon below.

January 4, 2009

One year bible blog: January 4, 2009

Today's reading:
oneyearbibleblog.com

Genesis 8:1-10:32 ~ Matthew 4:12-25 ~ Psalm 4:1-8 ~ Proverbs 1:20-23


some things that stood out to me today:

Genesis 8:1-10:32

"I will never put a curse on the ground again because of men. I will not do it even though his heart is always directed toward what is evil. His thoughts are evil from the time he is young."

This really stood out to me today. Our flesh is always pulled toward what is evil, even from the time we are children. It is only by the power of the Holy Spirit, the renewing of our mind and putting off of our old man that we are changed into the image of Christ. Without the communion with God daily through prayer and storing God's word in out heart we don't have the ability to turn away from evil, not on our own. We are dependent on God's help to be transformed.

I don't know about you, but for me this is a daily walk and a daily battle of renewing my mind. Satan is always there trying to steal the word out of my mind and bring fear and doubt. The more in communion with I am with God the easier it is to resist Satan's attacks.

I also noticed that after Noah got off the boat the Lord told him "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." This is the first time in the bible that God allows man to eat meat. I assume at this time animals started each other as well. Thankfully this will be changed and the orginal diet for man and animals will be restored in the new heaven and new earth.

Matthew 4:12-25



Psalm 4:1-8

I love this entire Psalm. Well, the entire book of Psalms is wonderful. To pick something...


"How long will you love what will certainly fail you?"

Let's look at our own lives and ask this question. Do you love your house, your stature in your community or church, your pride in your accomplishments...do you love these more than God? All of these things, even our husband and our children, will fail us at some point.



Proverbs 1:20-23


I have prayed for wisdom since I was 16 years old. I have to say that sometimes to gain wisdom you have to go through some hard times. The wisdom I have gained in my life is more precious to me than anything anyone could offer up to me.

My kids are memorizing scriptures from the book of Proverbs. I think this book is so important for young children to learn and remember. It will help equip them for what the world has in store for them when they get older.


I definitely believe that the Lord is always calling us to something. He is constantly challenging us to surrender to him that which keeps us from being transformed into his likeness. We are never standing still. We are either moving forward or backward on the path that we are on.

I feel I am being called in 2009 to take a closer look at my role as a wife, mother, and woman of God. I feel a calling to change something significant in my life...(I am going to be talking about this in an upcoming post of mine, I am not quite ready yet to tell about it.)

I am doing an online bible study of the book "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace. I will be posting my responses to our study questions ASAP.

I know that one day I will stand before the King of Kings and I want to be ready. What about YOU?


No comments:

Post a Comment