I have moved this blog. I renamed the blog "the Homeschool House" and we have moved to our own domain. To visit us just click the icon below.

January 7, 2009

One year bible blog: January 7, 2009



Genesis 16:1-18:15 ~ Matthew 6:1-24 ~ Psalm 7:1-17 ~ Proverbs 2:1-5


I am reminded today that we can't lie to God. Sarah tried to tell the Lord that she didn't laugh, but the Lord knew that she had. I believe that we should confess our sins and the secrets of our heart openly before the Lord because he knows about them anyway. How many of us try to hide our true feelings or intentions from God? I like to tell him the very worst about me, only then can he change my heart.

I enjoyed reading the Lord's prayer today. I think I am going to memorize it and have both of my kids do the same. I want to pray this prayer once a day.




The theme of the Psalms seems to keep on talking about the wicked and the good. Being good in your heart is what God wants. Getting our motives right, loving what is pure and honest. This is the way God knows the real us, by looking into the deepest parts of who we are. We can't hide from God. I pray for the Lord to make my heart pure and clean before him. Search into my heart and show me anything that is not pleasing in your sight. If we continually pray this way and deal with the sins that we are shown then we can rest assured that God will not bring upon us the judgment that Psalms 7 talks about.


Lastly, we are to cry out for wisdom. Do you cry out for wisdom? We are to search for it and not rest until we find it. I assure you that if you ask for wisdom God will hear you. Sometimes the road to wisdom may be a little bumpy. I believe some of us get from God quicker than others may. The point is to never stop searching. Always pray for wisdom in every situation and aspect of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment